On the first Monday of each month - starting Monday 6th July - Dr Safia Debar is launching a series of free talks that aim to distill down some of the latest evidence base on stress management, positive psychology, mindfulness and neuroplasticity. The talks will cover relaxation techniques, the neuroscience of stress, the neuroscience of connection, relationships, attachment theory, mindfulness, meditation and lots more.
Dr Safia Debar is a private GP with an interest in Stress Management and Neuroplasticty. She is the only doctor in the UK who runs the Harvard Stress Management and Resiliency Training (SMART) course. She set up RQ wellness as the traditional medical model of care wasn't enough and she wanted to adopt an integrative hollistic approach to health. By learning about your brain, how it works best and how to manage your mind you will be able to create an authentic way of living, thinking and being.
See the schedule of talks below with links to sign up.
Dates and Schedule 2020-21: Mondays 8-9pm GMT Zoom
- 6th July: The worst of COVID-19 may be over...what now?
- 3rd August: Meditation for skeptics
- 7th September: Mindful or Mindless
- 12th October: How to start meditating
- 2nd November: Gratitude, what's the big deal?
- 7th December: Sleep, what's the secret (Part 1)
- 11th January 2021: Sleep, what's the secret (Part 2)
- 1st February: The Neuroscience of Stress
- 1st March: Stress Management - How and where do I start?
- 5th April: Stress Management - What is my 1%
- 3rd May: Food series- Nutrition and the Brain - they are more than just friends
- 7th June: Why can't I manage my weight?
- 5th July: Developing a good relationship with food
- 2nd August: The Neuroscience of connection
- 6th September: Attachment theory - how do I connect?
- 11th October: Relationships: science or art
- 1st November: The neuroscience of social support
- 6th December: The pursuit of happiness